St Helen's Place brings the grandeur of the past, alongside thestrong, clean lines of modern architecture. Featuring a ‘dual-accessentrance lobby of 16 St Helen's Place extends [a] route […] into the heart of […]the St Helen's Place Conservation Area including two ancient churches with rootsstretching back further than the Great Fire of London.’
The Southern arcade of St Ethelburga’s church remains, despite damage from the Blitzin 1953, and in an IRA bombing in 1993, and was formally reopened in 2002 asthe Centre for Reconciliation and Peace. The project also featuresan ‘enclosed, semi-pedestrianised’ peaceful enclave, a stone’sthrow from the medieval church of St Helen's Bishopsgate,’ also subject to the IRA bombing in 1993.
Adexon® worked with Allies and Morrison, Brookfield, and Multiplex to provide Smoke and Fire Curtains to sympathetically dovetail with the high specificationinteriors, providing protection against the spread of smoke and fire throughoutthe prestigious building.