Adexon Fire & Smoke is the Cubex group business that focusses entirely on fire and smoke curtains. Since 2005 Adexon has been dedicated to improvement and raising the bar. For Adexon this translates into improving fire safety. This has taken on even greater significance post Grenfell. You can read more about the significance and need for fire safety improvements here.
In recent years Adexon has been awarded a number of prestigious project wins and has used these opportunities to increase investment in both product development and automation of production. Examples are:
- ‘bolt-free’ fabric retention design removes potential tearing and snagging issues giving a low-maintenance solution
- smoke control with fire resistant components
- highly automated production and lean processes
Alongside our work on our core products, we are on a journey to drive improvement in fire safety for everyone.
One aspect of our research looks at “The essential need for 3rd party certification:
- From a UKAS (or equivalent) accredited Notified Body – currently maintained by the Notified Body
- Contains explicit product details e.g. of what sizes are tested and the components
- Comes with a Technical Annexe as provided by CE marking”
Also, why, whilst 3rd party certification is essential, CE marking is critical, especially for life-safety products such as relating to fire.
The research will show if you can “take the manufacturer’s word for it”, or if the above certification is indeed essential.
We will include manufacturers big and small, with the objective of showing an impartial assessment that is right for fire safety.
Some of the team
Systems & Accounts Assistant
Operations Document Control
Design & Installation Manager
Business Development Executive
Accreditations and what they mean
BRE/UKAS – evaluated our management systems and products’ quality and safety – all ✓
means our H&S processes meet an excellent standard.
H&S documentation and work activities were all assessed – all ✓
means our products are tested and certified by an independent certification body.
acknowledgement of ability, authority and credibility.